Dentures Provide an Affordable Teeth Replacement Solution
Patients who need to replace an entire arch of teeth or several teeth in a row can benefit from custom-made dentures. Missing teeth should not impact your ability to engage in normal daily activities. Dr. Andrew Taylor can help you repair your smile with customized dentures at our Pensacola, FL, dental practice. Whether you are missing several teeth or all of your teeth, dentures are a cost-effective way to restore the function and appearance of your smile.
Types of Dentures
Each patient is different, with a unique set of oral health goals. Several factors will be considered to help Dr. Taylor create a treatment plan that satisfies your dental needs and budget.
Dentures serve as a viable option for replacing tooth loss. Dr. Taylor can help you determine the best treatment for your situation.
Dentures can be fabricated using different types of materials, including acrylic or ceramic porcelain. Many denture options are available to help you achieve an attractive smile and restored function:
- Full dentures: If you are missing all of your teeth in the upper arch, lower arch, or both, you may benefit from traditional dentures. Full dentures are supported through suction, and also with the help of dental adhesive.
- Partial dentures: If you are suffering from sporadic tooth loss, a partial denture may provide a good option to serve your needs. Partial dentures are designed using an acrylic base connected to a metal framework with dental clasps that attach to your adjacent teeth for stability.
- Implant-supported dentures: Dentures can be attached to dental implants for greater stability and security. A dental implant is a post made of surgical-grade titanium that is surgically placed into the jaw. Since dental implants mimic the natural roots of teeth, they stimulate bone growth and prevent jawbone degeneration. Implant-supported dentures do not require the use of dental clasps or adhesives. For patients not eligible for traditional dental implants, we offer All-on-4® dental implants as an alternative.
Candidacy for Dentures
Dentures serve as a viable option for replacing teeth. This tooth replacement option may be the right choice for you if:
- You are missing most or all your teeth in your upper or lower arch
- You want to quickly improve the aesthetics of your smile
- You have poor dental function as a result of missing teeth
- You have a disease or genetic condition that prevents you from qualifying for dental implants.
If you are only missing one to three teeth, a dental bridge may be more suitable for your needs. Dr. Taylor can help you determine the best treatment for your situation.
Denture Treatment Process
Once you have completed your initial consultation and it has been determined that dentures are the right solution, we will begin devising your custom denture treatment plan. Patients can expect the following in terms of steps:
- Impressions: Digital scans and/or traditional impressions will be used to take impressions of your mouth.
- Wax model: The dental lab may fabricate a wax model of your dentures so that Dr. Taylor can ensure the device fits properly. Any necessary changes will be communicated to the lab.
- Fabrication of final denture: Once you are satisfied with the appearance and fit of your denture, the dental lab will fabricate your custom-made denture.
- Adjustments: Follow-up visits will be necessary to check the fit of your new denture and make any necessary adjustments.
Learn More about Dentures
If you are missing several or all of your teeth, dentures may serve as an optimal solution for you. During your initial consultation, we will review the various options you have when selecting a tooth replacement treatment. Contact Taylor Dental today to schedule your dentures consultation.
"Everyone that I interacted with was professional and friendly. My dental hygienist, Holly, did an exceptional job cleaning my teeth. She was proficient and kept me as comfortable as possible. The office is very clean, and I just love the heated massage chairs as well as the TV, headphones, and sunglasses provided. Genius!"Donna S.